Thursday 12 March 2015

Hancock Museum

Today I made an educational visit to the Hancock museum which is located in Newcastle Upon Tyne.
I made the visit in order to study their vast collection of taxidermy animals, and to gain some helpful primary research.

The museum has a very large collection, and since the museum is totally free to the public, I decided to take a look inside while I was in Newcastle.
Some of the museum's specimens are 100's of years old, and some of the taxidermy are of endangered species, or animals that I wouldn't commonly come across in the wild.

Below are a few of the photos that I took of various animals, from the Red Squirrel, to the Rabbit.
















I found the visit to be very interesting, and it allowed me to get a better sense of some of the animals that make up the content of my zine.

I will be using a select amount of the photos that I took as drawing references, and also to study the anatomy.














Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment