Tuesday 10 March 2015

Project update 10/3/15

At the current stage in the project I am working on the development of my pages, and I am currently on assembling them using Adobe Photoshop.
I am splitting each page into a separate file, so that I can easily move pages, or tweak them if I need to at any time in the future.

I want to say that I really am enjoying working on this project, and in fact this project so far has been my favourite to date. I love the level of freedom that I have with my brief, and I also love that the project is based on a topic that I enjoy, and have a huge passion for.

Whilst working on the pages for my zine, I have been illustrating a lot so that I have a large selection of images to use, and also so that I can pick only the very best pieces to put in my final document.
I will showcase some of the more recent illustrations that I have produced, and they are based on a various assortment of animals.






I hope to have may pages fully developed, and ready to be printed in order very soon, perhaps within the coming weeks.
Once they are assembled, they will be printed, and then I will begin work on creating the front and rear cover, as I stated that I wanted to do this section of the zone last, as I want to sum up the entire booklet using a fitting cover.
I want to explore Screenprinting my covers, and I have trialed experimenting with this process, in fact I created a blog post discussing the method of Screenprinting earlier on, so you might want to check that out.


I feel that this project has very importantly had a positive effect on my overall art skill, as I feel that I have greatly improved over the past few months.








Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment