Monday 16 March 2015

Page #4-5 (Dormouse)

For pages #4-5, I decided to choose to feature the Dormouse as my highlighted animal for these two pages.
I wanted to give this particular animal a double page spread, and I had two illustrations that I felt were good enough to be showcased, which I will display below.



I was really happy with these two illustrations, so I felt really good about these two pages, and their place within the zine.
After scanning the two illustrations in via the hi-resolution photocopier, I decided to choose to feature the second illustration featured directly above, as the first piece to feature out of the two pages.

I left some room below the illustration to allow for the placement of text.
Like all of my other pages to date, I had to enhance the black point of the images slightly, as the scanner tends to wash out some level of colour when an image is scanned in using the laser.



Since each of the pages only used one illustration, I had plenty of room to add language and typography, and so this made me think about how I was going to present this to the reader.

I couldn't find folklore about the Dormouse that was interesting enough to use for the zine, so I decided to fall back on highlighting the creatures traits.
Obviously some things sprung straight into mind, such as the fact that the animal is very small.
Another thing that sprung to mind, is the fact that the Dormouse is very swift, curious, and nimble, despite its small size.


I decided to make these traits the feature of the wording to be on the page.



With the wording added on page 4, and both illustrations working well together, I decided to mark these two pages as complete.



































Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment