Sunday 8 March 2015

Small additions to zine?

I have recently thought about perhaps adding additional elements to the design of a few themed animals found in my zine.

In one of my last few blogposts, I expressed my desire to make the zine's page designs quite simplistic, and heavily focusing on the artwork, so that attention is drawn toward the illustrations and the text.

Building the first page of the zine, made me think of the idea that I will state below.
I feel that this design is a very good one that suits my project, however while working on the assembly of the pages, I thought of perhaps adding in some smaller, and more simple illustrations to work alongside a few of the main illustrations.

For example, for page #1 that include Puffins, I could add very small and simple avian related illustrations similar to those seen in the image below, just to add a bit more variety and to allow for a more interesting design.
http://images.clipartof.com/small/1161674-Clipart-Of-Simple-Hummingbirds-Royalty-Free-Vector-Illustration.jpg < image reference at this link.
It was just an idea that sprung to mind as I went about putting the first page together, and it is an idea that I feel may work well for my zine.
I will look more into this idea, and I will experiment with it over the course of the assembly section of the zine.












Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment