Monday 16 March 2015

Screenprinting practise #2

Today I tried my hand at screen printing again, however this time  I used a different image to print with.
Since I have recently been illustrating Rats as part of my zine, I decided to use one of these images as my base for the screen printer, since I was happy with it.


I used the same process as the last practise run, and burned the image onto the mesh screen in order for it to be transferred to paper via the screen printer.
The mesh came out in good enough quality to allow for printing, so I created a number of different prints, consisting of the colour tones below.
My personal favourite are the two tone, blue and yellow copies.




Once again, I loved working with the process of screen printing, and I would love to use this process for the front and rear cover of my zine.












Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment