Thursday 23 April 2015

Time issues & project alteration

From the moment I came up with the idea for my project, I knew that it would be a massive task, and would be a job that would take weeks, and even months of work. Since I wanted my zine to be of a very high quality, I wanted to create illustrations that I would be proud of.

As well as this, I wanted my zine to have a decent number of pages, and I think that I may have perhaps underestimated the amount of work, and the time required to fully complete a zine, to the standards that wanted.



When I was assembling my learning agreement, I produced a time table which acted initially as a guide for the module, however once I hit around week 9, it became clear that the process of assembling refined sketches, and assembling the zine at the same time would take far longer than previously anticipated.

I am disappointed that I underestimated the workload of the module, and I feel that at the current pace of work, in order to print the zine, it would mean either the scrapping of pages, or a reduction in quality. Neither of these in my eyes are acceptable, and so I have decided that in order to keep a consistent level of quality, I must go on and say that the printing of the zine most likely won't happen within the academic schedule. This being said however, the weeks following the date of hand in, and the date for the London trip would perfectly allow me to print the zine, which means that I will still be printing and selling my zine, just not within the academic timeframe unfortunately.

This realisation I have been trying to overcome, and even sometimes deny, however I must be true to myself, and my practise when I say that I made a timetable that wasn't accurate, and I must not have taken into account the extreme amount of work it takes to assemble a successful zine.















Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment