Thursday 22 January 2015

Introduction to the module

Recently I was given the brief for my next exciting module, and this time it is based around myself as an independent illustrator, all about creating a negotiated project, with the green light given from my lecturers.

I am very looking forward to this massive module, primarily because it is building up on the last module, which was a really big step into the professional world.
The last brief focused around the area of commercial illustration, and this time around, it is all about coming up with my own scheme of work to pursue, with me making my own learning criteria, based on the ones that I receive at the start of each new module.

The brief.

Below features a few screenshots containing my raw module brief, which holds all of the necessary information for me to assemble my own negotiated brief.




This brief acts as huge milestone for me as an illustrator, because I have so much creative freedom, and such an open brief to work with, in fact, one of the most open that I have ever pursued so far.

When I received the brief, nothing in the way of ideas sprung to me, however as this is a brief that focuses all around careful thinkng, development, and also the use of concepting, I did not really expect an idea to just hit me, I understand that it may take some time.
I do have the desire to persue working with the theme of animals in some way, as I feel as it is part of my creative voice, as well as a sector that I feel that my talent may lie in.

With me going to Berlin, I am hoping that it will help me with the initial thinking, and  I will produce some blogs over the coming days discussing my ideas and thoughts.










Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment