Monday 26 January 2015

Durham Riverbank

Durham riverbank is not only a very beautiful part of my local environment, it is also an area that is full of nature and wildlife.
I have been going to Durham for years, and I have noticed on my travels that the riverbank is full of many species of insects, birds, rodents, and fish.

The Riverbank is quite a large feature of the city, that stretches for many miles on both sides of the river Wear.
Below are some photos of the river, as well as some wildlife that I have encountered on my travels.

With it being the middle of winter, a lot of wildlife has either migrated, or are hibernating.
Please bear in mind this, however I did come across some wildlife on my travels.

A panorama of the river.
The trees in summer.
Blackbird seen by the riverside.


Wood Pigeon building a nest.
Blue Tit.
I wish this project was around the summer timeframe as more wildlife would be active, however it is still interesting to see the animals that I saw on my travels, notably the bird building a nest, this was amazing to watch firsthand.
















Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment