Friday 23 January 2015

Some initial project Ideas

Over the course of the Berlin trip, I have came up with a few rough ideas as to what could possibly be done for the new negotiated project.
I am now back from the visit, and I have some ideas that I want to document and share.

Close to the "artsy" district.
Berlin has helped to supply me with a lot of inspiration, as it was such a cultured city, full of new experiences, and for this reason I am very glad that I participated in the visit.
Most of my ideas came to me in the later days of the visit, particularly on the day I went to the zoo, which was on the 22nd of January.

Lionfish at the Zoo.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Wildlife Zine:

My first idea was to come up with the design of a zine that revolved around the local life of Hartlepool/or the UK as a whole.

http://www.wobc.org/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/Stick-Institute-Zines.gif < image reference at this link.

I would love to create a zine that highlights local wildlife, and use my own illustrative style to portray each one I decided to document.

CCAD campus in Hartlepool.
I had the idea of making quite a small zine, similar to the ones that I saw in an illustration print shop in Eastern Berlin.
Zines are also cheap to produce, and retail for a small price, which is a bonus for both me and the consumer.

With the making of the zine, I could also sell the zine in London during the 2015 visit, at my market stall.

London.


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prints

I also thought about the idea of making, and selling prints, perhaps in relation to the Berlin trip.
Such imagery as the Berlin TV tower, or the Reichstag may be good bases for illustrations to be produced.

Fernsehturn, known by its alternative name as Berlin TV tower.
With me selling my work in London, I could produce prints that are based around the culture of London, as this may provide greater attention to consumers looking for souvenirs, and I would like to tap into this large market.

http://www.marykilvert.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/04/london1.jpg < image reference at this link.



------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Toy:

I have also thought about the idea of making my own toy, featuring an illustrative design on the product.
One toy that springs to mind, is a jigsaw, which would be simple to make and produce using a very thick card, or thin wood sheet.

The illustrative design could be easily transferred onto the product by such printing methods as screen printing.
http://www.jigthings.com/library/Manufacturers/d-toy-jigsaw-puzzle-section.jpg < image reference at this link.


Over the next few days, I will think about which idea may be best to go with for this brief, both on a personal, and a professional level.








Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment