Tuesday 3 February 2015

Fox (Vulpes vulpes)

Foxes are traditionally often found in the British countryside, however are less common today, as they once were in the past.
Foxes often hunt in the dark, and have incredibly good eyesight, and hearing to detect prey.
Foxes are smaller than most people imagine, but are extremely agile and active animals.

http://mypestcontrolsolihull.co.uk/images/fox2.jpg < image reference at this link.
Often seen by livery owners as pests/vermin, a great number of the species have been killed off to protect farmland animals, such as chickens, and sheep etc.
They were also once hunted as sport until recently, when the fox hunting ban came into effect in England.
http://mediad.publicbroadcasting.net/p/wvtf/files/201403/FoxPenning0.jpg < image reference at this link.
Foxes have beautiful red, and white fur usually, however there are several different types of foxes, so to not confuse my research, I only want to focus on the British Red Fox.

http://www.f0x.ca/images/foxes/sleeping_fox_by_krankeloon-d3d8695.jpg < image reference at this link.
I personally love the Fox, as I think that they are beautiful and majestic animals, and witnessing one in the wild is a privilege, especially today as they are more uncommon than they once were.
I remember once seeing a fox's tail move around in a field, and this was the first and only time I have ever seen a wild Fox.

A Fox practise illustration that I produced.

I feel as if a Fox is a staple of British wildlife, and should hold a place in my zine.






Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment