Sunday 1 February 2015

Recent book pickups #1

Yesterday I went into a local book store, and I picked up two books that are very interesting, and ones that I feel may aid me in the development of my zine.


Both of the books are authorised by the National Trust, which is a company dedicated to the preservation of historic structures, and areas of interest.
Each book is illustrated by a different artist, so this provides a very interesting, and fresh look with each book.


Some illustrations taken from 'The Country Set'.
I really love the illustrations contained in each book, both of the books feature the use of watercolour based illustrations, and both illustrators clearly have talent, and their individual works really compliment the books, as well as the language inside of them.
I feel as if the illustrations are 'quirky', and very engaging to the reader.

The illustrations featured more notably in 'Birdsong', (below), contain a rough visual appearance, a style which  I really love, and one that I adopt in my own personal style.
In fact, I picked this book up first, and it is the illustrations inside which grabbed my attention to obtain both publications.



Some of the illustrations found in 'Birdsong'.
I am very happy with my recent pickups, and I will be using them as inspiration whilst developing my zine.









Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment