Tuesday 17 February 2015

My doodles so far

Over the course of this module, I have been drawing alongside my research, and perhaps I have not made this too aware.
I have drawn a considerable amount, so I felt that it would be good to highlight my visa development so far, in order to provide a recap of my studies, and also provide me with an opportunity to reflect, and go over some of my work.

Below I will highlight every sketch that I have done so far, as part of my module development, and I will place them categorised by species that I have been looking at.

Adder:






Puffin:





Fallow Deer:





Badger:




Fox:





Toad:



Mice & Rats








As you can see by all of the examples, I have produced a lot of sketches so far for this module, and I am happy with both of my progress, as well as my development in terms of work.
I feel as if drawing alongside my research gives several benefits, which I will note below.

  • Allows me to practise my style/skills.
  • Allows me to refine my style, and experiment.
  • Gives me space to breathe as an illustrator, and not get bogged down with writing.

I will keep drawing alongside my writing, and research, as I feel it is benefitting me greatly.

Now that the main bulk of my animal research has been completed, the work begins on the development of my zine, and going by my timetable I am still in the development & research stage.
I will now begin to further direct my research and development toward working on the actual zine, which includes looking into such areas as market research, artist research, and looking at production/ selling methods.















Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment