Monday 9 February 2015

My Style for the zine?

For the wildlife zine, I must come up with an idea of which stylistic approach I want to go with, as it must not only reflect my market, but also my theme.
Alongside the assembly of my research, I have been creating small illustrative sketches as I go along.
I have been particularly focusing on my doodles whilst researching British wildlife.

http://www.johanntasker.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/BadgerWeb.jpg < image reference at this link.
I have been working primarily with two different styles.
One style can be seen in the following images below, and is a very rough, monotonous palette style, with pen and graphite.







The other style is similar in terms of style to the previous one, with its rough appearance, and the usage of pen, however this second style adds a splash of colour as part of the design.




I really like both styles of drawing, and I feel as if both teens, and adults would be appealed toward both visual styles.
Since I want to aim my market at 16-24 year olds primarily, if I combine the two styles to be included in my zine, I think I could achieve appeal toward my teen/adult market.

I was thinking about using multiple different illustrations per animal, in a kind of collage style of design.
I would like for my zine to have a contemporary look and feel to it, since it is a style that is very popular in todays market.

I would also like for my zine to heavily focus on the art at hand, since I want my zine to showcase my art, as well as my style.

I gained the inspiration of focusing heavily on the art, by reading one of Shaun Tan's books, which contained a lot of his rough, and developmental sketches. I like how they fill the page.
Of course I will trial using these combined styles of illustration, and also the collage layout out in the future, as my development becomes more serious.












Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment