Saturday 21 February 2015

The planning of the zine

I now feel that my work is at a stage that allows me to start thinking about the detailed plan for my zine.
A good plan goes over such areas as content, layout, assembly, production, and printing.
I will go over a brief recap of my project to remind what my goal is.

My original goal was to make a zine based all around the subject of British wildlife, and was to be between 20-30 pages long.
I would like to aim at making the zine 20 pages long exactly, minus the front and back covers.
I want to choose the minimum amount that I specified, in order to keep production costs down.
Some of the animals featured may have double page spreads, but this depends on the importance of the animal, which I will ultimately decide.

Most zines are short in length.
The zine will be aimed at 16-24 year olds primarily, and the inside will be mainly illustrative based, however will have some amount of text inside.
To be successful with my zine, I must take a lot of things into account, which I listed earlier on in this blog.

With the planning of the zine, I will break the zine down into different sections, which will range from areas like the front and rear cover, pages 1-20, and will also cover such areas as the method of printing that I will choose, the language featured inside the zine, and the production.

Overview of what may need to be taken into consideration for the development of my zine.
The planning of the zine will be an ongoing process, and is not something that can be summed up in one single plan.
I feel as if splitting up the plan into several detailed sections, may be the best way to go about developing the zine, as there is so much that needs to be taken into account.
It will also allow me to create a plan that is well organised, and also very simple to follow, which is important as I do not want to go off track at all with my concept.

Over the coming blogs, you will see the zine starting to take shape amongst my research, and once all the sections of the planning are covered in blog format, the zine will then enter creation, and production.



















Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment