Monday 2 February 2015

What animals do I want in my Zine?

As my zine will be focusing on native wildlife to the UK, I want to start seriously thinking about which animals I would like to be in my zine.

I want to avoid choosing animals that aren't really native to the UK, and I also want to choose only a few animals per species, for example, I don't want a zine with one bird image, and then following, nine illustrations of different fish.

I would like to portray the animals in my zine using my personal illustrative styles, which is a combination of an overall scratchy, and rough look, similar to the practise illustration below, a refined style, and a rough painted style.


I will be using this book, (seen below), which is perfect to help me gather some inspiration, and find creatures that may work in my zine.
I will also be using my primary research, gathered from exploring such locations as riverbanks, parks, and beaches.
A great book to help aid my development.
Looking into this book, some animals stand out to me.
I will write down a bullet point based list containing animals that I could see in my zine, please bear in mind that there may also be a small amount of text in my book, for each animal.
  • Fallow Deer
  • Fox
  • Dormouse
  • Badger
  • Kestrel
  • Mute Swan
  • Common Toad
  • Brown Rat
  • Puffin
  • Robin
  • Perch
  • Wood Pigeon
  • Adder
  • Red Squirrel
  • Raven
  • Pheasant
  • Rabbit
  • Otter
I will produce a blog about each animal featured in this post, in order to help me decide which animals to use in my zine.
I will also keep sketching, which will allow me to practise for the zine.







Thomas.

No comments:

Post a Comment